Saturday, June 27, 2009

I Am So Jealous of Kelly Corrigan

I recently finished reading Kelly Corrigan’s “The Middle Place”. I do truly envy her. It’s not just that she had completed her breast cancer treatment and wrote a book about it--although that is certainly enough to provoke a certain amount of jealousy. The thing is she has this amazing family. Her father, alone, is enough to awake the green eyed monster in any woman. He dotes on her, adores her, lavishes praise on her and thinks she is wonderfully amazing. He calls her “Lovee”. It makes me wonder what sort of person I could have been if someone ever thought so highly of me.

Kelly has a wonderful family of her own--a loving husband and two young daughters. How she manages to juggle family and life while dealing with cancer is a tribute to her own strength and her belief in her ability to do it all. She adores her parents and her brothers and yet ends living in the San Francisco bay area while they live in Philadelphia. With a family like hers, I would be living in the same neighborhood, if not next door. I would be as hooked on her dad as anyone could possibly ever be on crack cocaine.

Read her book to learn more about one woman’s cancer battle but what you will take away is no matter how long she lives, she already won the lottery because she was extravagantly loved.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment