Sunday, March 22, 2009

Medicinal Friends

If my doctor told me I had only six minutes to live, I wouldn't brood. I'd type a little faster. Isaac Asimov

I love this quote!! Not that I’d want to know I had a time limit ticking away, but because a little urgency sweetens everything. He could have easily said he would dance a little faster I suppose; but since I write, this works for me. Writing is such an excellent outlet. It’s almost as good as talking to a friend, but not quite. Talking to someone who loves and understands you is the absolute best medicine available. I am blessed to have a couple of really, really good friends. Unfortunately, none of them live next door. Bad planning on someone’s part I guess… Luckily, I am married to my best guy friend, but there are times when a girlfriend is essential and fortunately he understands that.

No comments:

Post a Comment