Monday, July 13, 2009

Where's My Focus?

I flip through magazines and books trying to get insights and information but end up not remembering what I’ve read. I try to watch a tv show, but the plot makes no sense to me. Books that I would usually devour and enjoy don’t capture my interest. Organizing a box of stuff or a room seems beyond my ability. Where did my focus go? Will it come back?

Our “Big” tv broke down and the bulb Chuck replaced fixed it for a day before it broke again. We scarcely finished the “Fixed It” dance before it wasn’t fixed again. Now it’s in the shop. It may or may not be fixable. I can relate to that.

The refrigerator decided ten years is long enough for it to chug along so it proceeded to defrost itself permanently. Chuck read up on the internet about the problems that seem to be pretty common in our ever so reliable Maytag. Turns out they are not so reliable after all. I can relate. He did all the suggested things and now there is one more part that might fix it. If not, we will be shopping for a new refrigerator. Didn’t refrigerators used to last much longer than ten years? Yeah, I thought so too.

Repair or replace. It’s frustrating but a fairly simple process. I wish my repairs were as easy. Where do we get the part that makes my focus work right again?

.

2 comments:

  1. Let's review the three prime directives:

    1. Hydrate
    2. Restate
    3. Nutrate

    THERE AREN'T ANY MORE!

    Your repairs are happening, they just take a little longer than replacing a bulb or board in an appliance. Focusing will come but don't expect too much while you're getting a quart of Valvoline pumped into your arm every three weeks.

    Now, what are those three prime directives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, you can't focus because you are on serious drugs. the serious drugs help your body combat the nausea from the quart of valvoline my dad is talking about. your focus will come back when you're not taking drugs anymore. in the meantime... music, naps, and familiar movies?

    the end is in sight!

    ReplyDelete