Friday, July 31, 2009

FOUR DOWN - NONE TO GO!


I had my last chemo treatment yesterday and would be doing cart wheels if I wasn’t so tired. They couldn't get the right vein to get the IV in but finally found one that sort of worked. Then they had to move to another one for the Adriomycin because it's so toxic. We were there almost five hours. I was able to doze in and out part of the time. Our friend Tami took me to the treatment because Chuck was too sick to drive. He is still recovering from a bout with food poisoning over the weekend. Tami got me back home and I crashed on the couch for a while and then went to bed. This is my last chemo thank goodness and now all I have to do is rest and get my energy back for a while. I go in August 18th to get "mapped" for my radiation. My body just wants to sleep and I guess that is a good thing. I will try to rest and relax and make the most of the time I have before beginning the next phase of treatment which will involve driving to town and back every week day for six and a half weeks. SIGH…

1 comment:

  1. Hurray! You did it! Persist is the word that comes to mind. You kept the course and came through the other side. You deserve a rest. As for the six plus weeks to town yet ahead- I bet you can come up with a delight, reward, treat for every one of those days... if not, I bet any number of us would love to come help you!
    Blessed BE! Kizzie

    ReplyDelete