Monday, April 6, 2009

Garden Therapy

Yesterday my dear friend Dale came out and we worked in the garden for a couple of hours. It was a glorious day full of the promise of spring. We quickly shed our sweatshirts and dug, planted and trimmed with great enjoyment. I used soil from my oldest compost pile and found it to be laced with beautiful fat earthworms. What a bonus! I expected the soil to be good but the worms were a wonderful surprise. These little soil engineers will keep working longer than the Energizer bunny. We were tired but satisfied when we shook the dirt from our gloves and shoes. Our labors were rewarded by lunch at our local Mexican restaurant. We deserved and enjoyed every calorie.

The weather forecast is for more glorious weather today so I will be outdoors getting strengthened by Mother Nature’s garden therapy. Anything seems possible in the garden. All the plants are bursting with energy, pushed by a spell of warm weather and sunshine, ready to bud, bloom and produce. They are eager to fling their beautiful bounty to the universe. How can I be discouraged or fearful when I sink my hands into the soil and see all that around me?

My network is active and beautiful messages continue to arrive in my in-box. They are eloquent, heart-warming and full of so much encouragement and support. I received this brief but powerful message from our friend Guram, half way around the world in the far away nation of Georgia:


Maintain high spirits and resolve. We are with you. We will see you soon in fine fettle. Much love, Guram

No comments:

Post a Comment