Friday, April 10, 2009

Hurry Up and Wait

We waited all day yesterday for a call from the Radiation Oncologist. I tried calling them but they won’t make an appointment until they receive a referral and they say they have not received Dr. Kollmorgan’s referral yet. I asked if there was a fax number where I could have my radiation records faxed if I could track them down. No, says Dana, they will take care of all of that. ARGHHH!

Not being one to wait, I searched through my old medical records. Yes, I do have my records from 1996. I also have copies of all my tax returns since 1958. There is a word for that, I know. Anyway, the outfit that did my radiation no longer exists, but there is a radiation place with a new name, address and phone number. I contacted their records department and was told they don’t keep records for over ten years. I left a message for the head of the records department, Jennifer. A short time later I got a call back from Jenny who tells me that the records indicate they do have a file on me and she has ordered it from storage. She should have it tomorrow so when the local radiation records office contacts her she can fax it to them. I wished for several minutes that I lived back in Olympia!

This is My MSN horoscope for today

Your mind is buzzing around like a bumblebee, dear Cancer, and you are apt to find that there is very little you can do to slow it down. Make sure you link compassion into the chain that is working to hold everything together. Also be sure that you don't become a victim of your thoughts by losing control over how you act, simply because the voice in your head has taken over completely
.


Sometimes horoscopes get it just exactly right. It’s a little spooky and helps me ignore it when they get it exactly wrong. Is it ironic that my sign is Cancer? Maybe just a little bit.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment