Monday, April 13, 2009

Gathering Wisdom

Forget the web. Women friends have more collective wisdom than any site you can find on the internet. I visited my therapist this morning and spent the weekend talking to friends and family. Here are some of the gems I gathered from my conversations:

Ultimately it’s my decision – not only what I do or don’t do but how I handle the whole thing: physically, emotionally, spiritually and mentally.

I can stick my head in the sand and play “poor me” or I can do things that will make the situation better. At least the parts that are within my control; and there are lots of them. Here are some of them:

Exercise

Pamper yourself

Do something you enjoy

Walk the dog

Use guided imagery

Meditate

Do yoga

Talk about it

Take a nap

Write, journal, blog

Be in the moment, noticing and relishing the ordinary


That is all good advice. I’m already blogging, that’s obvious. I walked the dog this morning and I went to my health club and worked out after my appointment with Diane this morning. Ha, and I took a nap this afternoon. I’m getting with the program.

Tomorrow we will meet my radiation oncologist and that may give us the answers we need about my potential for tolerating additional radiation.

Oh, the sun just came out. Time for another walk with Bailey.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment